The electrical team members are particularly gratified with their active involvement in energy saving projects. In 2009 the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) published a major update to its electrical safety codes called NFPA 70E. The 2009 standard covers the full range of electrical safety issues, including safety-related work practices, maintenance, special equipment requirements and installation. We are implementing the new standards campus wide, including the formation of a special High Voltage Electrical Team. These changes will help ensure continued high standards of excellence and safety serving the campus community.
Electrical Unit List of Services:
- Provide service and repairs for the campus electrical system: restoring electrical power when needed
- Maintaining the campus lighting system - street lights, parking lot lights, walkway and building lights: Retrofitting campus lighting, installing energy efficient lighting and occupancy sensors for indoor lighting
- Provide electrical construction services for the campus
- Provide support for the campus High Voltage System Team
Other Electrical Services Include:
- Maintenance of the Blue Light Emergency phone system
- Installation of CAT5 and CAT6 phone and data cable
To request an Electrical Shop Service, please submit an online request to the Facilities Management Services Portal (UCInetID is required).